Never disassembled lawn mower - what makes the cord go slack?

Here's a closer shot of what you think may be a "washout port":

Seems like overkill for something that can be flipped over like this:

The red baffle is too big and only half round, so it's not a filter, but it might be an anti-slosher.

I hate those gas can nozzles (as I'm sure you do too), so I just remove them and pour into a funnel and make a mess no matter how I pour the gas.

I have a few Honda tool engines, and I think they're great! I'm a believer in both Honda and Husqvarna.

Reply to
Danny D.

Replacing the spring and cord without lubricating the pivot won't make it any better - - -

Reply to
clare

In hind sight, leaving it outside in the rain all winter wasn't a good idea.

What happened is, as you had surmised, I think, is that the spring rusted, causing friction.

Adding copious amounts of motor oil made it work nicely, but maybe I put too much oil as it's a dirty environment (time will tell); but it's working beautifully now.

Thanks!

Reply to
Danny D.

Go to Harbor Freight and get a cheap tarp and cover the lawnmower with it. OR, a giant washtub upside down over the motor would help.

Reply to
hrhofmann

Looks like a hose connection to flush the discharge when done mowing.

Reply to
Tekkie?

Better yet, a small shed.

Reply to