Need to replace regulator on gas grill

I have a Vermont Castings LP grill that I got at Home Despot. The regulator seems to work intermittently. On this model, the regulator is on a hose right after the LP tank attachment, then goes to another hose which attaches to the grill.

Can I replace this with any brand of regulator, say a widely available Weber?

Thanks!

BC

Reply to
BCDrums

should be ok.

make certain by removing and cleaning the burners they arent dirty, rusty, detoriated, or clogged by anything like a moth cocoon.......

try a different tank, the new federally mandated safety valves can also cause wierd operations

Reply to
hallerb

Yes, you can get regulators at any home center. Just look at the style you have to get the right setup.

Most last a long time. Does it not work only when the tank is full? If so, then it is the OPD valve in the tank and not the regulator causing the problem. Close the tank valve and slowly open it about a quarter to half turn. Slowly open the burner valve the first use until the propane level drops a bit.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Unthread it from under the grill, bring the entire assembly to the store. Ask them, there. Most likely, the hardware store has a replacement regulator and hose.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon