Need to cut Ceramic Bathtub Panel.

I recently tiled my bathroom, now the floor is about a half inch taller than it was before. The bathtub is in the corner, and I have a ceramic panel that is curved, and fits between the two cabinets (to hide the pipes and drain etc..). I need to shave about a half (1/2") inch off the bottom of that panel so that the top is flush with the tub itself and need some suggestions.

I have a wet saw, but that would be very combersome trying to cut this

40+ lb curved structure (approximately 4ft by 20 inches). Can you use a diamond tipped blade in a circular saw? Seems like that would generate a lot of dust and chips, unless a wet saw is used.
Reply to
ejlackey

Circ saw + ShopVac. Not too bad.

I imagine you could even have a helper "mist" the cutting area.

Can the thing be carted outside or even out to the garage?

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Yes, in fact it is already in the garage.

Thanks for the tip.

Reply to
ejlackey