Need shower knob and flange replacement

Changing from gold to oil rubbed bronze in my bathroom. Everything is done or at least on the way. I cannot locate anything compatible with what is there. I installed it years ago but do not recall the brand. I do know it is not high end stuff. Maybe delta, pfister, american... I would have bought it from either home depot or lowes 20 some years ago. Here are 4 pics in case you have seen it or maybe ask a friend.

Any help will save my marriage lol. Black works too.

Reply to
Thomas

Browse the online catalog of Lee Valley -

my search here was for " rubbed "

John T.

Reply to
hubops

Zero shower knobs of any kind. I like the site so thanks for looking.

Reply to
Thomas

Knobs are knobs ... you should know that by now - ... being one .. John T.

Reply to
hubops

This is something that drives me nuts.

NONE of my plumbing fixtures have the brand name on them. Not a sink, faucet, toilet, etc.

So when I go pick up a washer or seal, is it for Moen? Delta? something else?

If you're making a product you're proud of, sign your name.

Reply to
TimR

If it's a major manufacturer, such as Moen or Delta, it's usually somewhere on at least one of the larger pieces of the fixture. I've found "Delta" stamped on the back side of a kitchen sink faucet base (facing the backsplash) that could only be seen with a mirror after installation. I've also found it on the underside of a bathroom sink faucet where it is invisible to direct viewing once the faucet is installed. Again, a mirror is very helpful.

Reply to
Retirednoguilt

When I built it I never planned on living here this long. All new every thing, pipes, shutoffs and valves are enclosed in the wall. There are new shutoffs in the basement too. It might have a name on it, I am just not willing to rip a wall out. So, first coat of rubbed bronze paint on the trim is drying now. The closest I found was pfister 07 31xa rough valve. No trim for it to be found.

Reply to
Thomas

I though you were concerned with the manufacturers of your "sink, faucet, toilet, etc." and not what was behind the wall. I agree that I've never seen a manufacturer's name on "pipes, shutoffs and valves". Hope your painting job gets you close enough to what you were seeking.

Reply to
Retirednoguilt

I wanted to find the trim in the pics I posted. The pics are the shower faucet handles and the trim flanges behind the handles. Going from gold to oil rubbed bronze on everything in the bathroom. The sink faucet is easy because I am replacing the whole thing. Towel racks etc. If you can see the pics I'll toss out the finished results.

Knowing the brand of valve would made looking for trim easier. The painting is good so far. I could have saved some bucks painting a bunch of stuff.

Reply to
Thomas

It cuts down on the cost of those "lifetime warranties" they have these days.

Reply to
Bob F

If there isn't anything at HD or Lowes, I would go to a local plumbing supply with the pieces, good chance they can identify them and figure out options.

Reply to
trader_4

Cynical but true! In my experience, many of the products with "lifetime warranties" require you to ship the defective item back at your own expense as well as paying a "processing fee". Often the cost of the shipping plus the processing fee comes close to or even exceeds the new cost price to replace the item.

I've done better writing a detailed, polite letter to the company, including a statement that I purchased the item largely on the reputation of the brand for high quality and durability and that perhaps the product failure is a result of a "manufacturing defect" rather than "normal" wear and tear. In one case, I obtained a brand new espresso maker years from Krups after the warranty expired when the one I had rusted through. The company no longer manufactured my rusted model and their reply letter said that they had already shipped the equivalent current model to me along with a prepaid fedex shipping label. They said to place my rusted one into the replacement's box and send it back to them because their engineers wanted to understand where and how it had rusted. The next day, before I had a chance to take the one I was returning to the fedex store, the new one arrived. They obviously trusted me not to be pulling a fast one on them. My defective model had cost about $130 and their replacement model retailed for about $190 (due to inflation?). I've used the new one about 6-8x/wk for almost 10 years and it continues to work perfectly. Don't know if the corporate culture would cause that company to respond in the same way today, but it was a great example of respecting the customer and it inspired brand loyalty for life.

Reply to
Retirednoguilt

While I'm whining, another gripe: electrical.

I find electrical repair more straightforward than plumbing, mainly because electrical has to be tight enough and it always works, but plumbing has to be just tight enough and then oh crap I just got it .001% too tight and now it leaks. The space between not tight enough and too tight is ............but I digress.

Everything electrical I've worked on for a long time has had straight slot screws. Why? They are a pain. You can't get a driver on them; you have to get the screwdriver the right orientation in dim light, even if it's the perfect size it keeps slipping out, and halfway through it probably ruins the slot anyway.

I know there is a new screw out there, ECX or something like that, but I've never seen one in use.

Gutter screws are hex head with phillips slots. You can always make them work.

Reply to
TimR

I had forgotten what they were called, but those ECX screws are on all of the receptacles used when they built my house in 2019, and all of the receptacles I've bought since then. Not the switches, though. I don't have an ECX driver and just use a regular slotted screwdriver, but an acquaintance tells me you can really crank down on the screws when you use an ECX driver, currently only available from Milwaukee, I believe.

Around here, they're all hex head (1/4 inch) and slotted, but otherwise I agree.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

For about $20 you can get a LED headlamp with rechargeable battery. The lamp housing tilts down in 4 progressive click-stop positions to aim the light exactly where you want. Leaves both hands free and the headlamp strap is adjustable. The entire thing weighs almost nothing and is very comfortable even for extended use. Great for power failures as well. Solves your low light problem. Now, when you get to be my age, hand tremor is a much bigger problem with single slot than with Phillips head screws!

Reply to
Retirednoguilt

I think I have four headlamps now. Greatest invention ever! No matter how good your room lighting is, when your head is in the cabinet under the kitchen sink you need a little help.

Reply to
TimR

Switching from gold to oil rubbed bronze is a great update! However, identifying the specific brand for replacement parts can be a challenge, especially after so many years. To find suitable replacements, you might consider reaching out to Home Depot or Lowe's with the provided images. They could potentially guide you towards compatible options based on your bathroom's previous style. If that doesn't yield results, seeking assistance from a local hardware or plumbing store could also be helpful. Best of luck with your bathroom transformation!

Reply to
ahmed abdullah