Need paint color recomendation

I am about to pain the interior of a rental property.

The property is in the San Francisco area and is a nice property, the rent will be about $2100 a month which is on the low side as similar rentals are $2600 per month. Just wanted to mention this to put it in perspective as the bay area has insane home prices.

Picked Kelly Moore Navajo White for the walls for the living and dining rooms and bedrooms.

Was thinking of using eggshell on the walls; is this a good or bad idea? Future maintenance will be to fix holes in the walls (where thiings were hung on the walls), as the tenants move out. So I am not necessarily looking for eggshell in order to wash marks off the wall. Most of the upkeep will be touch up paint. So for touchup which would be better flat or eggshell?

I need a color for the trim and ceilings, I wanted to keep the ceiling and trim color the same if possible. Swiss coffee? Antique white?

Looking for a popular stock Kelly Moore trim / ceiling color.

Of course flat on the ceiling and semi gloss on the trim, doors, and window frames.

Thanks

Reply to
Tube Audio

Go to your local paint store. Not a big box store - a real paint store. Take along a copy of your post with you.

Reply to
robson

As for the touch up question: Flat would be better. BTW, a real paint store like Kelly Moore can easily answer that type of question.

For rental, you are smart to go with the stock neutral colors. Swiss Coffee is extremely popular for trim, but that's up to you. Stick to just 2 colors for rental.

-- John

Reply to
John Ross

Think art gallery, basic stock white. after a show or a tennant sometimes you can blend in touchups and not have to repaint the entire wall. Always always always box your paint.

Reply to
beecrofter

The name of the game is profit for rentals. Also ease of repairs. If all rentals use same color, easier to touch up paint as needed.

Neutral colors are best (white) for rentals and selling houses.

Find where you can get the best deal on 5 gallon cans of white which will cover well. And get a brand/color which you will be able to buy again for years to come.

Reply to
Bill