NEED MORE POWER - Electric Chainsaw

I want to get the maximum power from my electric chainsaw. If it was a gas model, I'd simply replace the gas engine with something like a Chevy 350 V8. But this is an electric saw. I considered replacing the motor with a 5HP 240volt motor, but I found that I need 3 phase power in my house and the motor shaft is too thick to fit the pulley. To simplify this whole procedure, I was wondering what would happen if I just ran 240v to the 120v motor? I'd think that would double the power.

A real man can never have enough power. I dont know why they cant just make these things with a voltage selector that reads something like this: Power Level 1. Woman (low power) 2. Average Man (medium power for the office working man) 3. Lumberjack (full power for the man driven by pure testosterone).

Reply to
mountainlion

so do it and tell us how long it lasts

Reply to
ransley

lower power equals slower cutting.........

but electric saws always start and are low maintence.....

just oicking up a 5 hp saw would be challenging

Reply to
hallerb

WTF is oicking? Is that what a pig says, or what?

Reply to
Jeepwolf

Hi, Troll! Go do something productive.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

If you were actually capable of doing this you should already know what would happen.

Reply to
tnom

so, you're looking for something like this>?

S. Barker

I would not mess with modifying a chainsaw. They do a lot of testing and research to be sure the saws are as safe as can be - as designed.

I have an electric chainsaw that I would let anyone use. But I also have a

32" bar professional chainsaw which I would only let a pro use who has been trained in safe use of these saws and who wears protective gear like chaps, helmet, face shield, ear plugs, etc.

Chainsaw injuries...

Stihl chainsaw safety and maintenence DVD...

Bill

It would double the power for a few seconds. If you cut your wood quick enough you can use the saw to start the fire.

Reply to
Meat Plow

it was a bs troll......................

Reply to
ransley

Interesting. I wonder what kind of V8 that was. Looked like a boxer.

Reply to
Robert Barr