need flashlight that takes a regular edison light bulb

you know, the kind that you jsut screw in to any old light socket. I need some kind of flashlight so I can take it with me to areas with no electric socket available. I don't want a regular scoop light like I coudl get at any hardware store because that is not very portable.

I have a reason for wanting it - I want to screw in my edison-type red led light bulb and take it to work with me. It's not one of those super-bright red led flaslights, it's a lot larger than that, but uses low watts.

Has anyone heard of such a thing? Can I get this at some hardware store?

Reply to
dumb_fishie99

I've never seen such a thing but I do know you can get 12V bulbs with that kind of base. You could concievably convert an 8 D cell flashlight body by kluging a reflector and socket onto the grip.

As for running a 120V bulb, Black and Decker haas a battery pack with built in inverter with 16W, 120V output. You could use any modified lamp as the holder.

Frankly you should just look for a low voltage red LED flashlight to meet your needs. You may be able to replace the LEDs in a now cheap white or blue LED flashlight. Maybe all you need is a diffuser.

Red lighting is useful in maintaining night vision when moving about dim and dark areas.

Reply to
Pipedown

A waste of time, needing a screw bulb for a screwbulb

Reply to
ransley

Not true, you just need dim light.

** Posted from