Need Assistance Shoveling Snow and Raking Leaves

This fall/winter as your neighbors face the challenge of shoveling snow and raking leaves I am creating a site to help them find some assistance. If you are interested in earning extra money and helping out your neighbors, please let me know. Send a short email to snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com identifying the area in which you are willing to work, your fee and an email address where homeowners can contact you

Reply to
ShovelandRake

May I suggest that you help your neighbor for free? Although I'm very much in favor of capitalism, I believe you've crossed some line, somewhere. Tom

Reply to
tom

I think you need a lot more than an email address to start a national shoveling franchise and you are in the wrong place to recruit local teens.

Reply to
PipeDown

Why did that post make me think of a Simpson episode where Homer gets a snow plow....

;-]

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab

Wow the times they are surely changing. When I was a kid I was motivated enough to knock on everyone's door within a three block radius in the fall to rake and in the winter to shovel. Spring and summer would usually see local lawn cutting gigs using dad's mower in the immediate neighborhood. Certainly didn't need any help finding work, and nowadays you can hire a regular lawn maintenance outfit cheaper than what the kid expects to get paid for lawn cutting and leaf removal. Snow shoveling? Forget it.

Reply to
sleepdog