Need advice for painting high-gloss latex on trim

I'm painting my wood trim with high-gloss latex and need advice for the following:

1) What is the best method of minimizing brush strokes? I heard something about painting in horizontal strokes and letting gravity pull the paint downwards to fill in the strokes-- but I thought this might look odd on vertical trim pieces if the strokes are still noticeable. I also read about adding Floetrol to the paint... will this help?

2) What type of Purdy brush works best for this application (high-gloss latex on wood).

3) How soon after applying the first coat do I put on a second? Or am I supposed to let the first coat dry thoroughly and lightly sand before applying the second coat?

Thanks...

Reply to
ttokita

sounds like you answered your own question. let the first coat dry thoroughly and lightly sand before applying the second coat?

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

Reply to
Detector

Mark, please do us (and your self) a favor.

  1. Learn how to quote. When replying to a message, quote the portion you are referring to so that people will know what you are talking about. If you do not know how to do this, read the information contained on this page. If you don't quote the portion of the message you are referring to, chances are you will come off looking nonsensical.

How to quote messages with your WebTV # 1. Put the cursor anywhere in the text of the message being responded to. # 2. Highlight the entire message using . # 3. Copy the highlighted text using . # 4. Click on the "Respond" command on the menu on the left-hand side of the screen. # 5. Paste the copied text using . # 6. Edit out any unwanted portions of the pasted text. (Depending on the amount of material to be cut, this can be done either with the backspace key, or, for larger deletions, by using and one of the arrow keys to highlight a block of text, then deleting using . # 7. Edit the attribution header a bit -- at minimum, just adding the word "wrote" or some equivalent to the original poster's name from the copied text. # 8. Indent the quoted text, using one or more ">"s (depending on level of attribution) followed by a space at the beginning of each line, and entering manual returns at the end of each line. # 9. Then compose the reply.

Reply to
jack