Need a Primer on PEX

How long has this been around, and what are the advantages over 1" black polypipe? Will it crack when frozen? Can it be buried and used as a line from a well to the house? Thanks. Frank

Reply to
frank1492

It has been around in Europe for about 40 years. It is more flexible than some of the other plastic pipes. It will expand a bit with a freeze, but it is still possible to crack it. I don't know about burial requirements or codes. A Google search will turn up plenty of information.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Here's a FAQ

Instructions (pdf)

C & E

Google "Aquapex" or Wirsbo Pex

Reply to
Rudy

Hi, Between well and house? Are you using the well seasonal? Otherwise risk for freezing solid is minimal even with black poly stuff. I have it out at my 4 season cabin. After 8 years, it's still working.

Reply to
Tony Hwang