NEC question on wiring recessed lights

I would like to wire six high hats (recessed lights) using two switches. The power is feed to the switch box with a two conductor/ground romex. I would like to use three conductor/ground romex to connect to the high hats. Connected to the first switch would be the black conductor. The red conductor would be connected to the second switch. I would then run the romex to the first can and connect the white and black to the lamp. Then run the romex to the second and use white and red. Then run the romex to the third can and use white and black again. Then continue for the rest of the chain. The total load would never exceed 600 watts (~ 5 amps). I know it will work and be safe but does NEC allow it?

power--switches--light 1--light 2--light 3--light 4--light 5--light 6

Thanks for any input.

Philip

Reply to
noname87

It's OK if the recessed fixtures have "feed thru" junction boxes on them, with ample room for the number of wires you want to install, however I think it would be less work and easier all around to just use two two wire cables

Reply to
RBM