Everytime I turn on a light switch anywhere in my house, the house
explodes. I have a suspicion this is because of the leaking busted
off gas pipe behind the stove. I heard that switches spark when they
are turned on, so that's probably why the explosion happens. Where
can I buy some sparkless switches? These explosions are getting on my
nerves, so I'll just replace all the switches in the entire house.
On 11/19/2011 5:47 AM, homeowner# firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
Yes.. that will do it every time.
There are no sparkless switches but here are switches that can be
installed in sealed boxes that have less of a chance of causing
ignition. I installed some in a auto body shop about 30 years ago.
They are called explosion proof devices. The enclosure is designed to
contain the explosion not necessarily prevent it. You can tell because
the switch housing has an external operating lever and the enclosure
looks like it was built for a military tank. ^_^
The impressive part is that the house keeps exploding. It evidently
reassembles itself after each explosion. Maybe you could patent the
technology. It would be really useful for hurricane/typhoon prone
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.