My hands get wet using my rubber gloves

Serious now, please.

I go and get some high-priced super chemical-resistent rubber gloves for doing the washing up. A few seconds after starting I cut a small hole in the gloves. What an **** idiot!

Ok, get a dishwasher. Wash sharp knives separately. I know, I know. But nothing seems to stop them getting holed.

Happens every few days. Am getting sick of this so no I'm going to patch the nearly-new glove with a hole.

But that's where it gets hard. If I use a self-adhesive repair patch for a bicycle inner tube (inside and maybe outside too (if the "hole" is actually more like a small cut) then the hot water.

What sort of adhesive would make a good repair of the glove? Some adhesives make the the rubber deform (it takes a few days). Would a contact adhesive resist the heat of the water better? I like the water hot.

Can anyone help. Am sure there could be lots of crazy replies and that's ok,. but I also want to fix this!

Reply to
Linda

"super chemical-resistent"

You want a chemical resistent glove, that is not resistent to chemicals?

Surgeons have this problem all the time. They use thin gloves, and they put on multiple layers.

Put surgical gloves (like a bicycle inner tube) on under your thick gloves (like the tread on a bicycle tire). Won't be perfect, but will be better.

David A. Smith

Reply to
dlzc

You don't say how you damaged them but it can be helpful if you keep your nails short. No rubber gloves are expected to last indefinetely. Just buy two pair. When one fails you will always have the other pair. Then, next time you go out buy one pair. That way you will always have a replacement. If you want to be really cheap then replace only the damaged one and continue using the one thats undamaged.

Reply to
Lawrence

Why wear gloves at all - washing-up liquid's not *that* harmful to the skin. At least if you cut your hands instead of the gloves, nature will repair them!

[That was my mother's logic for sending me out in short trousers when I was a kid, anyway - skin would re-grow on knees, but cloth wouldn't mend itself!]
Reply to
Roger Mills

|!Serious now, please. |! |!I go and get some high-priced super chemical-resistent rubber gloves for |!doing the washing up. A few seconds after starting I cut a small hole |!in the gloves. What an **** idiot!

Try Glovelies they are, strong, not expensive and good enough for washing up, and mucky jobs.

Dave Fawthrop

Reply to
jmagerl

Whiting and Davis. Mail reinforced gloves.

Or

Kevlar.

Reply to
Goedjn

Linda wrote in news:Xns9902A046350275D4AM2@127.0.0.1:

Buy a box of disposable *nitrile* rubber gloves,like surgical gloves,except NOT latex. You can get them at Harbor Freight,Wal-Mart,auto parts stores.....

I use them to work on my auto.They're tough. You can even get heavy-duty versions.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Don't bother with gloves.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

your a woman and you can't wash up ?

are you some sort of idiot !

why not ring your mum and do it in pairs - that what most women seem to do these days for every activity

you have so little on your mind you ask about this !

i'm sure you could say that about me but i really had to reply to this , more proof that women are stupid

:)

Reply to
mar

Now THAT is serious.

-- Oren

Oren

If you don't want to let the water touch your skin, might I suggest papier mache gloves. I am quite adept at making various objects from papier mache, it would be my pleasure to fashion you a pair of sturdy kitchen helpers.

If you would like a pair then please email me a recent photograph of your hands. If you decide that you don't want the gloves, could you please email me a photograph of your hands anyway?

Thanks

Reply to
moonface

Kinky!

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Did your hand slip and hit you in the forehead?

-- Oren

Oren

And whatever you do, DON'T RUN WITH SCISSORS!!!!!

Reply to
Karl S

Start of a new sentence, should be capital Y and it's spelled You're.

Questions should have a question mark at the end of them.

I'd be here all night if I picked out all the other errors with your posting.

Sorry, but I also had to reply to this, when you're trying to slate someone, especially for being stupid, try not to make yourself look like a moron.

Charlie.

Reply to
Charlie Mitchell

Charlie, you tend to be one of the few sane posters on the Discounts and Bargains group, but the whole Digg mentality of "Let's correct other people's spelling and grammar to make us look superior!" is one of the most ridiculous (and tedious) things on the Internet at the moment. He was trolling, he's *clearly* an idiot, you don't need to feel threatened, but picking at his flaws just serves to make you look worse - and as though you feel threatened.

Reply to
Taken

I know that! I was having a go at the idiot having a go at women! I would never have considered having a go at him if he hadn't launched an attack on the other poster himself :)

It's quite amusing though watching someone calling someone else illiterate and spelling it wrong!

:P

Reply to
Charlie Mitchell

Define "high-priced super chemical-resistent rubber gloves" Butyl? Nitrile? Latex?

8h is max chemcial exposure for anything thesedays, so we throw them away after one day ayway.
Reply to
Ron Jones

Hmmm.... Kinky!

Reply to