My amazing little Snow Joe blower

See some of my other posts related to this question.

As I said, I'm going to go along with what they guys here say, which is "snowblower" for both single stage and two stage units.

BTW...just because Wiki agrees with you doesn't make it the definitive source. For all we know, *you* wrote the Wiki article. ;-)

In any case, Wiki doesn't really agree with you, at least as far as the terms they use for the parts of the machine that actually move the snow.

What you (and everyone else) call the "auger" on a single stage machine, they call an impeller.

Anyway, it's no big deal...just interesting that there seems to be very little consistency in who calls which what.

I choose the easiest route:

"Snowblower" is the easiest to say and type, so I'm going with that.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I guess you miss the obvious.

OTOH, in the years I've had snowblowers, I've never sheared a pin. I've only done it once on a lawn mower.

Sure.

There is a lot of energy stored in the high-voltage section (no user serviceable parts inside) of the power supply. So?

It won't hurt anyone. Well, anyone smart enough to leave the innards of the power supply alone.

Reply to
krw

Jim Elbrecht wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

LOL, I got a laugh out of that comment.

Reply to
Earl

I would have expected it to throw it further. Try shooting to the left and right - or straight ahead. Also vary the amount of snow in the 'hopper'- keeping it full, but not packed is what works best on mine.

Next time you get 5" of slush- look up and down the street at the guys with big 2-stage blowers cleaning their chutes at every pass. [that will make you feel better when you're fighting with day old snowbanks that are solid blocks of ice.]

-snip-

Find out what shears if you hit the immovable object. A frozen newspaper-- dead cat-- homeless guy. . . . Maybe the belt just burns out. But it should have something to protect the motor. That's the piece you'll need 'all-of-a-sudden' at the worst possible time.

Mine has a plastic paddle, where yours is metal and rubber. I had a gas Toro with that style paddle. That sucker cleaned the pavement better than a shovel. Good stuff.

My plastic one does a good job & I think it throws further than a metal one would -- but the downside is- I went over a chunk of plywood with a 20d nail sticking up out of it. The nail cut the paddle into 2 pieces. At least I didn't step on it.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

Two years ago I had to replace an old (very) 5hp 2-stage because some nerd brain had used a roll-pin in place of a shear pin. It rusted and broke flush with the shaft. No way to get at it to try to drive or drill it out exept to dismantle the enitre machine.

For those who are unfamiliar with "roll pins" they are a drive fit into a hole. Have to driven out (or drilled).

I needed a bigger blower anyhow so it went down the road to my nephews. Now have an 11 hp 2-stage and wishing for a bigger one - that state plow berm is one royal PIA.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K