My $45 homemade 10 HP phase converter is WORKING!!!

He is just pissed that he got bitch slapped.

Gunner

Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. Benjamin Disraeli

Reply to
Gunner

Good catch boy. Hereya go - fetch some more.

Reply to
G Henslee

That's great! I am sure that with your welding machines etc, you can build a much better looking enclosure than what I did.

Ignoramus27279

My RPC went through several enclosure schemes before I was happy with it. This is a 2 HP RPC. I started out trying to build the whole thing inside of an old Heathkit DX-100 Ham Radio cabinet, thinking that keeping everything self-contained was a smart idea. It turned out to be too big a bulky for my tiny workshop. I finally found a smallish metal utility box, like the kind you might have on a desk to keep paperwork or keys and other odds and ends in. It was kind of cramped but I mounted all of the components for the RPC in it -- relays, balancing and start caps, start/run and on/off switches, and fuses. I bolted this guts box to a plank and using EMT connectors to run the wiring through I attached it to the idler motor (which was bolted to the plank as well). On top of this guts box I mounted two outlet boxes with a 4-wire twist lock outlet in each. This is 3-phase output. Rather than cutting the shaft off of the idler motor, I decided to make a shield for it out of aluminum wire mesh (stucco screen).

This arrangement has worked out great. Its much more compact and expandable in the future. The only thing I'd like to change is to replace the wooden plank with a frame made of welded angle stock and some rubber feet. I'll get around to that one day.

Reply to
Artemia Salina

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win great triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." --Theodore Roosevelt

Reply to
Gunner

Odd..generally the retarded are pretty excitable. They got you on some really good tranks huh?

Gunner

Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. Benjamin Disraeli

Reply to
Gunner

Snicker

Gunner

Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. Benjamin Disraeli

Reply to
Gunner

Very interesting, and good food for thought.

I am building an enclosure right now:

I am doing that with various junk wood pieces lying around. I did not want to use any more valuable materials. My objective is to make a compact enclosure on wheels, with top that I can use to put stuff on, like a mini cart of sorts. That way at least, it will not effectively take any space away from me.

Ignoramus27279

Forgot to say, I am hoping to use my phase converter as a base for my Sears table saw. That way I will kill several birds with one stone, so to speak, I'll have a phase converter and a base for table saw. This way, the table saw will take up the minimum of space. I'll see how it works out.

Ignoramus27279

No. Sorry. I dont swing that way.

Ask Richard Gere.