Multi-Pure Countertop Faucet Stem Leak (2023 Update)

Anyone had any experience getting at and replacing the stem seal on the spring loaded poppet valve in a Multi-Pure filtered drinking water dispensing faucet? If you did, was it easy to get a replacement seal?

(Multi-Pure hasn't responded to an e-mail on this...)

I installed ours through the kitchen sink's back rim about 8 years ago. Lately there's been a dribble from under the operating lever every time it's used, leaving an annoying little puddle to sponge up.

It looks like the valve stem seal is under a little threaded piece (only about 5/16" diameter) which the valve stem comes through. That piece is slotted, but it'll take some kind of spanner wrench (like a slot screwdriver with a half inch long notch up the center of the blade to clear the valve stem) to unscrew it.

Thanks guys,

Happy Holidays,

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Multipure website, parts & accessories, faucet repair kit (in black or white) $5.75 today. Comes with tool to remove the slotted keeper on the valve stem.

Reply to
Mickey

Just in the nick of time. After 19 years, that leak was getting a little annoying. The cabinet has completely rotted out.

Reply to
Bob F

And Mickey normally includes a link when he answers questions. Maybe he's getting up in years. Does anyone under 50 post here? I'm on Social Security.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

58 yesterday but I was posting before 5 oh.
Reply to
Thomas