mounting quarter round to a pella door

We just had a new Pella door installed to replace the original that was destroyed when a vehicle hit it. Anyway, now that the door is in I'd like to put a piece of quarter round on the inside of door on the 1" or so "frame" that surrounds the door (this piece sits on top of the brick mould). I've mounted quarter round in the past but always nailed it to the wall, not the floor.

Since this Pella frame is a plastic material, what would the best way to mount the trim? I'm not sure if I want to nail/screw into the frame. Some time of adhesive maybe?

Called my Pella installer but he's out of town for the week and I'd like to get this done before Christmas.

Reply to
cas

"cas" wrote in news:1166239066.596368.25310 @j72g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

If you go adhesive, some silicone will do. Better than Liquid Nails or the like since you can remove without absolutely guaranteeing you will destroy what it's attached to.

Reply to
Al Bundy