We're having our floors redone and after reading a lot about this, have
decided to go with Moisture-cured polyurethane.
The contractor has objected to it any way he could and in the end it
has come down to him doing it provided that I shut off the gas to my
building (3 floors, 6 apartments total) because he said that during the
first 5 hours of application, the vapors are so flammable that if they
sneak out of the apartment and hit someone's oven pilot, for example,
it'll start a fire.
I have read about the toxicity of the vapors and the foul smell as I
scoured the internet looking for answers, but no one has mentioned any
Is this product THIS dangerous? Shouldn't I then also warn my
neighbours not to smoke for those 5 hours? What about electrical sparks
inside light switches?
At this point it's very hard for me to draw the line between what's
reasonable and what the contractor is trying to use as obstacles to do
the job the way we'd like it to be done.
Thanks for any and all answers and apologies for posting this message
in another newsgroup.
Happy new year!