Modular homes

Anyone have or building a modular home? I am interested in having a home built by this process. Wondering if anyone out there had any type of feedback....good or bad! Thanks C

Reply to
Trip Poly

On Tue 27 Sep 2005 09:52:27a, Trip Poly wrote in alt.home.repair:

We have ordered one, but won't have it until sometime in December. At least in my area and with the manufacturer we're using, they meet or exceed local codes on construction.

It will be "ground set" on a concrete foundation with a crawlspace.

From our observations of the various models we looked at before buying, the "fit and finish" exceeds the quality found in most stick built homes.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

Reply to
Trip Poly

Not a modular home... but we live in a ca 1995 mobile home. We love it ! Perfect size, perfect layout, no probs. BUT We're a retired couple ! I'm not sure I'd buy a "manufactured home" if I had kids in the house. The interior just isn't as substantial as a "stick-built" I don't think it'd hold up to the usual teen-age abuse.

Reply to
Anonymous

Palm Harbor from my experience has an excellent product.

Reply to
Bishoop

I'm in the process of developing technical and cost informtion in support of a claim against a modular home installer. The house is two stories on pilings with bottom floor one storey above grade. The modules appear to have been misaligned when installed and the fold-up roof appears to have a weak joint in the structure. TB

Reply to
tbasc

On Wed 28 Sep 2005 07:32:16p, wrote in alt.home.repair:

There are, however, differences between "manufactured" and "modular" homes. Modulars are often based on the bones of a manufactured home, but specs and construction are beefed up. Once installed according to code, a modular qualifies the same as a stick-built home.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright