Miniblinds. Up or down?

In winter. Heat registers on outside walls. It would seem to me heat would travel up but cold would still go down. Down looks like a better seal. Any savings?

Reply to
Thomas

Adjust your window coverings so that they allow maximum solar gain during daylight hours. During non-daylight hours - adjust your blinds to provide the least amount of free entertainment for your neighbours. John T.

Reply to
hubops

If you get sun, take advantage of it, otherwise, keeping them down and close will deter drafts. Savings will depends on how well your windows insulate and stop drafts.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

That is the perfect answer.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

I take all the sun I can get. It was a goodnight question from dusk till dawn. What my eyes see is heat skipping off upturned slats and staying in. Down, normal, would see heat maybe getting sucked into the blinds and onto the colder window.

Reply to
Thomas

Window shades?

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Window shades. When I ask about miniblinds what else are they used on?

Reply to
Thomas

My thought was that you use the old style window shades instead of blinds and pull them down part way. Picture aluminum foil coming off the roll.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.ca posted for all of us...

Good answer.

Reply to
Tekkie®

I'd think from an energy saving perspective, turning them slanted up would be a tad better, but probably doesn't make a lot of difference. Turning them up usually makes it harder for someone outside to see you inside.

Reply to
trader_4