I recently had GE come out and replace the magnetron in my Spacemaker
over-the-range microwave. All was good until I noticed that it seemed
to be pulling in a lot of outside air. The weather was cold this week,
so it was easy to feel it - it came in both above the microwave in the
enclosed cabinet above the range as well as into the microwave itself.
Is this normal? It seems to me if anything the air should be
blowing/venting OUT of the microwave....
Thanks in advance,
Rob from AZ
There should be a one way flap in the exhaust pipe. Sounds like it got
stuck open. Can't say if it was a coincidence or if the tech moved it out
of the way and forgot to release it.
Perhaps the vent pipe was reinstalled with a gap or without duct tape or
even not at all. Vent some smoke with the fan on and verify it goes
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.