Microwave oven stopped

Yeah, that's what I had in mind. I didnt' search on the right words.

OP you can certainly enlarge that enough to see if has the bit you need.

If it doesn't, somewhere there's a set about twice as big, in a hinged plastic box with an "embeded" handle (for the box) .

Reply to
micky

My brother used the wrong shelf (that divides the chamber into two "floors" and he blew the fuse. It's amazing how simliar the correct shelf was to another one they owned.

After the fuse was replace, it worked fine.

I agree, GE may not tell the truth about the fuse. If they use tamperproof screws, they don't want people inside, and that would be reason enough not to put the fuse on the diagram the customer service guy has. Not that every MW has a fuse -- I don't know -- but I wouldn't rely on customer service.

Reply to
micky

or 6 minutes and while it was being cooked, I was doing other things in the kitchen..so I was not really paying any attention to the oven...except i c ould hear the motor running like it usually does...so the point i am making , if it makes any difference is if it ran its course and just overlooked th e sound of the beep when its done, or it just stopped. I opened the door an d it was cooked just fine but the first thing I noticed that there was no l ight, then i looked at the control panel and no clock and etc. I thought i blew a fuse. I checked the outlet and it was fine. I read the manual and i t suggested to press the pause button for about 3 seconds..that didn't work either. I tried to open the back where the screws or what suppose to be a screw are and i do not have whatever tool it needs to unscrew. I tried my Allen wrench tools to no avail. The tool that i might have to buy just to e ven check what th

'buy and throw away' product.

How do u enlarge the head of the screw,,,i only have the phillip and old st andard drivers.

Reply to
novel

for 6 minutes and while it was being cooked, I was doing other things in t he kitchen..so I was not really paying any attention to the oven...except i could hear the motor running like it usually does...so the point i am maki ng, if it makes any difference is if it ran its course and just overlooked the sound of the beep when its done, or it just stopped. I opened the door and it was cooked just fine but the first thing I noticed that there was no light, then i looked at the control panel and no clock and etc. I thought i blew a fuse. I checked the outlet and it was fine. I read the manual and it suggested to press the pause button for about 3 seconds..that didn't wo rk either. I tried to open the back where the screws or what suppose to be a screw are and i do not have whatever tool it needs to unscrew. I tried m y Allen wrench tools to no avail. The tool that i might have to buy just to even check what th

er 'buy and throw away' product.

standard drivers.

Since my last post i came across some hope as the OP here with my oven. I t urned it upside down and it looks like the typical philip screw heads there . So I will try there ..if successful what should i look for, anyone?

Reply to
novel

I meant you can enlarge the picture to see if it fits your screws.

ARe the screws right by the edges of the bottom and going through the case/cover, or somewhere in the middle of the bottom?

If in the middle, not a good idea. Generally screw heads not by the edge on the bottom of cases hold the parts inside in place. They don't hold the cover on. I know this because for lack of any other ideas, I've taken such screws out too, only to hear the parts rattlling around inside when they're not held to the bottom anymore.

If they are on the edge of the bottom but not apparently going though the cover, maybe you can see where the cover folds in just as it gets to the bottom, so that these screws go through the bottom and then the cover, rather than the other way around. Anyhow, if you only take out the screws on the edges, maybe they will hold parts in place, but the parts won't be as loose because you've left the screws in the middle attached, and no single part would have screws only at the edge of the bottom.

If this post/email is too late, maybe your MW couldn't be fixed anyhow, and it was meant to be that you buy another one. One certainly cant' fix everything.

Reply to
micky