Micro Bore system

Hi,

I have just moved into a 3 bedroom, 2 storey building. The current central heating system uses micro bore.

The boiler is pretty old and will need replacing in the next couple of years (according to the surveyor) and the radiator?s look passed their best. The micro bore to the ground floor radiators is a complete mess (worth noting that the ground floor is concrete, hence pipe?s run around the walls).

The long and short of it being that I want to update the rad?s and pipe work.

Would I be better off with a complete new install? Can the pipes be chased into the wall? Can I tap off the current manifolds with 15mm pipe to each new radiator? Would under floor heating be an option?

I apologise if these are pretty basic/obvious questions but I?m new to all this. Your help is much appreciated!

Doug.

Reply to
Doug_Quaid0

What is the problem with them? What makes them "look" past their best? .

Maybe, maybe not. What are the problems?

Usually not easily. That could take some major work.

Possible.

Yes, but not knowing the type of construction, it may be a major job. Easily done in new construction, but can be difficult in renovation

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

What's "micro bore"? IOW, your statement of the situation paints a pretty fuzzy picture.

Which makes it difficult to respond, never mind the catch-all questions.

Given that, you'd be well advised to consult with local expert.

barry

It's a radiator (wet) central heating system common in the UK. Instead of using 15mm or larger flow and return pipes to all the radiators, it (usually) uses a central manifold, with 6mm or 8mm pipes to each individual rad.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog