Mercury Vapor Spot Light

I have a 150 Watt light that the ballast went out in. The light is about 30 years old and in good shape. I attempted to order a 150 ballast over the phone. The rep sold me one. When I received it, it was about half the size of the old one (could get no numbers off the old one as dry rotted off. I called and the rep said it was just new and improved, hence the smaller size but would drive a 150 fine. I tested it when reassembled the light and it worked. Also installed a new photo sensor, covered it and it worked. It lasted a couple of days and went out. The bulb was new as I originally thought that was the only problem. Do you think it's the ballast issue or should I just buy another bulb and try it?

Reply to
Coledog