Melting Bar Soap?

Be sure and let both bars dry and don't be too vigorous when you soap up the first 2 or 3 times so the sliver will stick to the new bar.

I hope you have a nice large walk-in shower as I hate cracking my elbows on the shower walls.

Reply to
ItsJoanNotJoann

I first replied to Cindy's post about sticking a sliver and a new bar together. You twisted it around to say I was melting many slivers to make one bar which I never said I do. It's not my fault you cannot keep up with what each of us is doing with slivers of soap. Some are melting them, not me, some sticking sliver and news bars together, myself and other here do this. If this is getting you confused perhaps you'd better skip this thread as it's messing with your mind.

Be forewarned, thread subjects tend to drift frequently as this one did a bit.

Reply to
ItsJoanNotJoann

You old people are sooooo funny! Why do you still use bar soap and suffer its associated soap dish mess? Did you know they make liquid soap now?

millennial

Liquid soap is wasteful. People tend to use more of it than bar soap. Waste is bad for the planet, Mr. Millennial.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

What is easier to manufacture and recycle...a cardboard box or a plastic bottle with a pump?

What is the total cost to use bar soap vs. liquid soap?

All 4 of my millennials know which is the better option.

Are you really a millennial or just spoofing one?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Tried it. Didn't like it. No soap dish mess either if you are careful.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Hey Unc some of these fragrances seem wussy to me...

Reply to
Tekkie?

Liquid soap IS wasteful and I simply hate the smell of those anti-bacterial soaps. The scent seems to linger for hours or maybe that's because I dislike it so much.

Reply to
ItsJoanNotJoann

I use those soap saver thingies that a bar of soap sits on while in the soap dish. It allows water to drain away and letting the bar dry out and not turn mushy.

Reply to
ItsJoanNotJoann

Contact lense wearer so I can't use soaps with fragrances and other irritating additives.

Liquid version for the millennials:

Bars for the grumpy old geezers:

www

Whenever I am forced to use bar soap in a public restroom, I always wonder if the last person to use it left feces on it.

Reply to
Trollennial

Not only that, but antibacterial soaps contribute to antibiotic- resistant strains of bacteria, and aren't really any more effective than a proper handwashing with regular soap.

I use plain old Ivory dish liquid for handwashing, in both the bathroom and kitchen. I'm careful to dispense only as much as I need.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

I don't recall; seeing bar soap in a public restroom in decades. Maybe you should change gas stations.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

The only recent time I've seen bar soap in a "public" restroom is at campgrounds where a previous user had left it there.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA, Ed - 1, Trollennial - 0.

Reply to
ItsJoanNotJoann

I wonder what else he is forced to do in public bathrooms.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Me either...in fact, I've not really seen bar soap much anywhere. The stores here seem to stock mostly liquid soaps. I was actually surprised to hear some people still use bar soap.

Reply to
ItsJoannNotJoan