Meaning Of 150 amp Service: At 115 V, Or At 220 V ?

This is Turtle.

I have say I got it backwards to be completely saying the story. You can get 150 amps on each leg . Then you fill in the blanks as to using 220 volt sevice of both legs. Then when you say the box is only good for 150 amps at 220 volt service. Your saying your drawing 150 amps from each leg and that adds up to 300 amps you will really be drawing from the box with 150 amps from each leg. When you say 220 service breaker in the 150 amp box they are drawing 300 amps in the real world. You may try to explain it differently but it mounts up to 300 amps by way of 120 volt draw.

The meaning of 220 volt service at 150 amps means you can pull 150 amps off each leg by doing so. This amounts to 300 amps if I use single breakers. Now you & Mr. Miller please explain what is wrong with this info ?

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

Nothing at all wrong with that... but this is what you posted first:

And that's backward.

Reply to
Doug Miller

This is Turtle.

I have been working with 3 phase 480 volt systems for the last two weeks and I seem to get everything assbackwards when I get off 3 phase and get back on single phase stuff again. If your 3 phasing your thinking 1/3 and not 1/2 with single phase.

So can you forgive me for being assbackwards one time ?

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

But of course, none of us have ever done that!....yeah right....take care Turtle....Ross

Reply to
Ross Mac