Maytag dryer control knob removal

Anyone know how to remove the timer control knob on a maytag dryer about 15 years old? I tried to unscrew it, which did not work. I held on to the plastic disk under the knob, but I was afraid that if I turned any harder, something would break. I pulled pretty hard while rocking the knob, without success.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Blackhawk

Reply to
BlackHawk96

If it is a knob that is turned, and some that are not, they don't screw on but just press on and pull off the stem. Yours may differ, if you have a knob that turns to time the drying, it must be an economy model, which again probably indicates the knob just pulls off. Try it gently, but first look for a set screw, again probably on the bottom of the knob.

Reply to
EXT

On Fri, 1 Jun 2007 17:48:18 -0400, "EXT" wrote: Thanks for the advice, EXT. I'll have a look for that setscrew. BlackHawk

Reply to
BlackHawk96

You have to pry out a plastic disk in the center of the knob. Underneath is a screw!

Reply to
news

Thanks for that info, News. I'll try that. BlackHawk

Reply to
BlackHawk96