Marble 'veneer'?

The royal 'we' wants to change the appearance of her fireplace. Right now it is sort of a non-descript brown bricking. This is in the interior of the house we are speaking of here, not exterior at all.

She went to several tile places, but the marble she has been able to find is quite thick - more for flooring purposes. For the job at hand she only needs a thin 'veneer' of marble.

She would like the real thing. Has anyone seen marble of this type? I was wondering if perhaps there is a special name for it? I find it hard to believe that there is not such a product.

thanks for any info you may be able to provide.

Reply to
BSAKing

Even the marble for flooring (around 3/8" thick) cracks too easily, any thinner is asking for trouble. I'm going the other way for the fireplace with a 3/4" thick continuous slab.

Reply to
** Frank **