Our 6 yr old Thermador BBQ had a little flash fire and fried all it's
wiring. I don't blame Thermador because we hardly cleaned the thing (I
know - dumb). At first I was going to toss it, but after I saw what's
out there to buy I went back an had another look at the damage. I think
it's worth trying to save since it seems made a lot better than what I
see. I'm an EE so this seems within my skill level. I spent today
cleaning out the burned-up wires and the melted igniter.
Where can I get high temperature wiring and crimp connectors? I know
the stuff that was in there was not hardware store wire. There was also
some braided cloth-like shielding to keep the heat off wires (which
also got burned) that also needs replacing. I need to be extra carefull
because this unit has an IR igniter for the rotisery than runs on
110VAC, so I want to be sure the wiring can take the heat. The main
burner igniter was also 110VAC powered but I think I'll replace that
with a battery powered one.
It's been a long time (pre-internet) since I repaired an ancient waffle
iron so I don't remember where I got my HT wire & crimp connectors.
My local hardware store carried (carries?) them as well but at 50c each
I went to a commercial source. I still have enough connectors to
repair stuff for kid's kids. :)
You can get a piezo unit that need no battery, they're sold every
I found these
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.