Main CB Replacement

The 150 amp main on my 1987 vintage Crouse Hinds panel will no longer hold the 'On' position. Is there a suitable replacement? I am told the Murray MPD2150 150-Amp 2 Pole 240-Volt Circuit Breaker will work but I am skeptical. Any suggestions?

Reply to
Pete Oc

 ?????
Reply to
Dean Hoffman

What happens if you turn all of the secondary breakers off then reset the main breaker? Turn the secondary breakers back on one at a time.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Another thing to try < in addition to shutting off the secondary breakers >

operate the main breaker firmly and completely to the OFF position to reset it .. John T.

Reply to
hubops

Time to replace the entire panel. The main is a high grade of unabtanium.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

I had a main breaker made of the same material. When it failed in the same manner, a panel replacement was the best option. I ended up with more capacity in the process.

I was lucky enough to get it to hold "on" after a half-dozen tries late on a rather cold Saturday evening. Not the best time to have the main breaker fail. Rates for Sunday emergency service calls can be bothersome.

Reply to
Marilyn Manson