Magneto ignition

I have a Sears (Murray) riding mower that has electric start and what I believe to be magneto ignition.

Experience has been the starter batteries last two years if I'm lucky. For other purposes I have a jump start battery pack which I also use now to start the mower. Curious whether I could eliminate the present battery entirely and just use the jump start? Or does the battery need to be part of the overall circuit?

Reply to
Jim Strand

The battery is only for lights & starting only and is not part of the ignition circuit. You could eliminate the battery and jump start everytime.

Reply to
Dr. Doctor

I came by a rope pull starer for mine and got rid of the battery all together> dont ask where to get one. I got mine down at the dump, found it when I hauled off a bunch of my junk.

Reply to
Jimmy