Maglite problem

Jim Rusling wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@rusling.org:

The AA version or the C or D cell versions?

I put a 3-LED Nite-ize mod in my 2AA Maglite. It's pretty good on batteries,and it gives a white light instead of the incandescent's yellow.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

I found no hole in the 2aa lite. Just a round spring designed to contact the round area in the cap.

'Twere corroded. Lite worked after cleaning.

As re elecrical contact, is a Steeee-Range design. :-)

Thx, P

"Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens!" -Friedrich Schiller

Reply to
Puddin' Man

My 2AA has a cavity underneath the spring in the end cap, where a bit of foam surrounds a spare bulb. The spring pops out with a good pull.

Reply to
clifto

: >* Unscrew the tail cap. Use a cotton swab (Q-tip) and a little oil to clean : >the threads, internal and external. : >* PUll the little spring out of the tail cap. Clean that, and the hole where : >it fits. : : I found no hole in the 2aa lite. Just a round spring designed to : contact the round area in the cap.

CY: If you pulled the spring out, the space th at used to have the spring is a "hole". The hole typically contains a plastic sleeve, and a spare bulb.

: : 'Twere corroded. Lite worked after cleaning. : : As re elecrical contact, is a Steeee-Range design. :-) : : Thx, : P :

Reply to
Christopher Young

The big ones (C and D cell) used to have a spare bulb. Recently, I think they got cheap, and stopped with the spare bulb. Now, when I get a cheap light like that, I wrap a bulb in a tissue, and put it in the spring.

The mini mag, used to have a plastic tube around the bulb. I don't remember foam around the bulb for the mini mags.

Reply to
Christopher Young

Please, what's this "LED mod"? (and how to install it?) (and $cost?)

Ditto for tailcap-switch.

Does that mean that now you have TWO ways to turn (toggle?) it on/off?

Thanks!

David

Reply to
David Combs

LED flashlight with an adjustable beam width-angle.

So, I suppose this is one way to create such a thing! Yes?

David

Reply to
David Combs

snipped-for-privacy@panix.com (David Combs) wrote in news:fd1o0u$1bf$ snipped-for-privacy@reader1.panix.com:

you can get just the LED module alone,or a kit of the LED module and the tailcap switch. IIRC,Target had the combo for ~$8 USD. Wal-Mart just sells the LED module for a tad under $5 USD. Both come with a replacement reflector with a larger hole for the 3 LEDs.

Yes,you have the tail switch and the screw/unscrew methods. the tailcap button is easier to use one-handed.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

OMG, I must be an engineer too.

Reply to