making my own sump pit cover

Ok so I checked out the 5 gallon buckets and they are only 11" wide. My sump pit runs from 13-15" so I need something in that range and ideas on something like that commercially available?

This is the discussion that spawned this idea last week. My pump is larger than my pit so it stands about 3 inches higher than the top

Joe

10 gallon buckets? 15 gallon buckets?? 25 gallon buckets??? :-)

If you can't find what you need, call a plumbers supply house and explain the problem.

"Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens!" -Friedrich Schiller

Reply to
Puddin' Man

check out the nearest big laundry, a lot of soap and such comes in 30 gallon , they might give you one, or show you where the dumpster is.

Reply to
beecrofter