Low Temp CFL

Anyone tried any low Temperature CFLs? I have two yard pole lights that I would like to try them in. If you have used them, how did they Work?

Al S

Reply to
Al Schmidt

I have used standard CFL bulbs in my post lights. At -20=B0F they take a while to get bright but they work ok.

---MIKE---

Reply to
---MIKE---

Plain ordinary CFL bulbs work fine outside for me, in weather down to around

0F. They light right away, though rather dimly, but in a few minutes ( 3-5) they are at full brightness. Some are outside 2 years now ( in enclosed fixtures, not in the rain) with no problems or failures yet.
Reply to
Mike S.

on 9/25/2007 6:46 AM Al Schmidt said the following:

They work fine outside all year. All my outside lights are CFLs, except for the motion detector flood lights.

Reply to
willshak