Low splash bleach

I bought a gallon of low splash bleach about a year ago.
It was very viscous then.
Now it is very watery and the bleach smell is almost gone.
Does that version attract water over time?
Andy

You find that out real fast if you have a pool or a spa. You even notice the concentrates break down pretty quick
In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 1 Jun 2020 20:08:24 -0700 (PDT), Andy

sci.chem is still very active.

So I shouldn't have high hopes for the bleach I bought 20 years ago? At 10% a year for 20 years, it should be -100% effective, so it will make the clothes darker, maybe dirtier.

What did they used to be?

Someone doesn't know how percentages work.
I know you were trying to be funny, but math illiteracy isn't really that funny.
--
Dan Espen

Dan Espen submitted this idea :

Of course at ten percent per, it would remain somewhat effective forever.
On Tuesday, June 2, 2020 at 2:32:27 PM UTC-4, FromTheRafters wrote:

That reminds me of a joke.
<https://www.reddit.com/r/Jokes/comments/2ijugj/a_mathematician_and_an_engineer_agree_to_a/
Cindy Hamilton

Given that the number of molecules in a container is finite, that would be just short of forever.
--
Dan Espen

Dan Espen was thinking very hard :

Interesting, how long would it take to get to the last few effective molecules which can't be decimated? Would they remain effective? If so, how long?

Above a poster claims bleach looses 20% each year. If there is one molecule of bleach left it should be gone after 5 years.
My guess is that other factors may come into play. The bleach is probably protected by the liquid that surrounds it. So, the last few molecules to go might go a bit more slowly. Still, forever is plenty long to overcome minor issues like that.
--
Dan Espen

If you start with 100 and reduce that by 20% every year. Year 1, 80 Year 2, 64 Year 3, 51.2 Year 4, 40.96 Year 5, 32.77
Pretty weak but still plenty to screw up your clothes if you spill it.