Low pressure hot water

I just replaced the hot water heater. I noticed now that the shower barely gets any pressure for hot water. It is fine in the kitchen and the sink next to the shower...I also noticed that the lines were switched on the old water heater...the cold went into the HOT side and visa versa. I swapped them on the new one like they should be.

Reply to
kelloggfan

Maybe junk in the line lodged in the cartridge or head. Pull the head and check the pressure with the head off. If that's still bad there may be input screens but never seen that. You might have to pull the cartridge and flush out the fixture. Usually you take all the filters out of the line and flush them after you finish a job like that. That swapping of the lines is weird and would have made your hot water situation act strange. Wonder if anyone has seen that and what strangeness results? Richard

Reply to
spudnuty

clogged hot liner to shower, if you have a low flow head its likely the clog location.

for anyone with a shower with a hose the hoses go bad internally and can cause anemic flow

Reply to
hallerb

There is usually a 'dip tube' on a water heater, which is nothing more than a long tube that sends the cold water down to the bottom of the tank.

Reply to
Bob

let's backflush the hot backwards from the showerhead to the hot water tank. run hot and cold water thru showerhead, tub spigot, showerhead, remove showerhead and clean it and set it aside. cap the shower arm with a 1/2" female threaded cap. turn on shower cold. back at hot water tank turn off cold supply to it. connect drain hose from bottom drain to a sink or floor drain and open it. let the cold water backflush the hot supply line all the way to the hot tank drain hose 5 minutes or longer until its water drains clear when viewed in a white plastic bucket.

Reply to
buffalobill

What I was asking about was if anyone had experience with the "Hot" and "Cold" outlet and inlet supplies being reversed and what the operational consequences of that would be? Could it cause the same symptoms as when the dip tube has disintegrated which happens to heaters made around 1993. Richard

Reply to
spudnuty