loud valve noises in Bosch dishwasher

I have had a Bosch SHU 4000 series dishwasher for 4 or 5 years. For a long time it has made a very-very loud noise when the inlet valve opens (I think). The sound is really incredible and drowns out the TV in the next room. It seems like the valve gets stuck trying to open and makes a yowling noise for a couple seconds to maybe 10 or 15 seconds before the valve seems to operate properly. Other than the noise, the machine has always performed very well. There is a pressure regulator on the line coming into the house and it works fine. I have never tried opening a tap while the noise is happening since I am too slow witted.

Any help out there?

Reply to
Dan

Might be a good place to start?

If could be the water tap, the fill hose screens (if used) or the water valve itself is partially plugged with lime and scale reducing water flow and creating the sound. All you can do is the process of elimination ruling out one possible cause at a time.

Dan O.

- Appliance411.com

=Ð~~~~~~

Reply to