Loud Alarm..(they don't poop)

"Nancy Young" wrote in news:tdidnWKlIMfKsOrbnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Many counties have laws regarding noisy dogs.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Re: Loud Alarm..(they don't poop) Group: alt.home.repair Date: Mon, Jun 18, 2007, 9:10pm From: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net (Nancy=A0Young) "john" wrote I wanna get some powerful dog alarm that only dogs can hear..this way he'll think twice about hopping on my yard..something really poweful..anybody know of any? I can't believe people who let their dog just bark and bark. It's friggin maddening. They do make alarms for barking dogs ... google on bark stopper. I have no idea if they work and I hope I don't have reason to find out for myself. If they work, it would be worth every penny to me. I love dogs, don't get me wrong. But I don't let mine torment the neighborhood like my former neighbors did. nancy

-------------------------------- I agree the whole mentality is bizarre. I love dogs too. I have one..uh... that is if stuffed animals count (doesn't poop or bark. I don't have to feed it and it always smells good)...

My vacation home is in a gated community with an HOA. It is situated on the side of a mountain so that almost everyone has a view. Seems like the ones above have a sound advantage, as the sound cascades DOWN more loudly than up. I'm in the one row down from the top.. It's kind of like living in an outdoor ampitheater. And even sounds from neighbors far away have no where to go because of the steep mountain behind us.

I contacted the HOA again with an update and (left a message) I told them don't do anything else, I'll take care of it. I went on to say, it's obvious people like this only understand one thing, ignorance. I told them my plan was to start using my car alarm at strategic times during the 'work week'...(I do have an advantage since I don't work when I'm here)...

I keyed my car alarm on Sun. and I don't think I've heard anyone so much as fart in this community since..Not only has her dog stopped completly but dogs from far away that I would hear (occasionally) have stopped as well..

It may still have been the HOA's intercession (possibly reacting to my message to circumvent any escalation) that did the trick.. Who knows.. I certainly don't and wont give them a reason to start up again, that's for sure. What I've learned from this is you should set off as many noisy alarms etc immedialty when you move in to a new neighborhood as if by accident (or fire up a harley). Then anyone who wants to try to toy with you that way may reconsider when they recount how loud your alarms are. Kinda like if you go to jail you gotta pick a fight with the biggest meanest guy so no one will mess with you..

I agree with the poster who talked about the 'negative attention being better than none' theory etc. And I'm a firm believer in avoiding a pissing constest at all costs. But I don't think paying an HOA fee and more money for a rule book is something I'm willing to do if the rules are going to be ignored..

Reply to
in2-dadark