Lonely Maytag Repairman Needed

I have a 2 year old dishwasher. Maytag model MDB-5.

My wife put in some poached egg cups and a couple screws fell out of them and are now somewhere inside the machine grinding away as it runs. I looked through all the manuals I could find including the one online and all I can find is something that says there may be "nuts,seeds or other items" that could be in the internal food disposal.

? is where is this food disposal and can I get it out to remove the screws? I took off the spinning arm and the collar with three long screws but was not sure how much farther I should dissemble from the inside to get to where these screws are.

Can anyone guide me how to get these out?

Thanks

Reply to
People PC

Most dishwashers have a plastic mat at the bottom of the washer compartment which has many hole (perforations) like a screen in it to catch solid objects that get into the dishwasher by mistake before they can get into the workings of the dishwasher and cause damage. This mat can be lifted and you might be surprised what you find lying under it.

Per

Reply to
Per Plexed

If it is anything like my 3 rack Maytag (which was junk and I threw out after it broke 4 times in 3 years) you can keep on dissasembling till you find your screws. When my motor got noisy I dissassembled down to the motor and stopped and put everything back together. When the repair guy came he got to where I was and then just lifted out the motor and replaced it with a new one made in CHina that was noisy new. Be sure you turn off power first.

Reply to
Art