Loews lunancy

Bought some stuff at Loews today.

"That'll be $13.76" the nice lady said.

I laid a ten and a five on the counter.

"May I have your telephone number, please?" the nice lady asked.

"If I give you my telephone number, you'll call. I'll cuss you out then I'll get in trouble for using obscene language," I said.

"We won't call, I promise," she said.

"I know you won't call, because I'm not giving you my telephone number. How do I know you're not collecting numbers so you can call me in the middle of the night just to talk dirty?"

"No, we're trying to crack down on people who take things, then try to return them without a receipt. But if we put in telephone numbers, we can verify that the item was really bought."

"Oh," said I. "In that case my telephone number is WAtermelon U ate one too green."

Reply to
HeyBub

Correct answer: "No."

Reply to
Doug Miller

Yes, I do it all the time -- not an issue.

Reply to
CJT

If they want a phone number, give them one, anyone. The get mine with two numbers reversed.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

"HeyBub" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.supernews.com:

LOL I give a disconnected phone number.

Reply to
Me

Just say NO!

Geezzzz.....

tom @

Tom The Great

HOtdog I 8 1 2 BEachwood 4-5789 (Marvelettes 1962)

867-5309 (Jenny) - Tommy Tutone 777-9311 - The Time
Reply to
Reed

So they can pester somebody else? No, thanks. It's none of their damn business what the customer's phone number is, and they are way out of line to ask.

Reply to
Doug Miller

my phone number? sure, it's 666-666-6666. Oh, i'm at best buy. They want my zip code. 66666. Later...

Reply to
Steve Barker

I sometimes give (713) 911-3443 (note the 911 prefix - it connects right away to you-know-who.

Reply to
HeyBub

PA6-5000 Pennsylvania six five oh oh oh. Glenn Miller

Reply to
Steve Barker
555-1212 they have everyone's number

Reply to
Charlie Bress

"HeyBub" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.supernews.com:

Standards use for data mining nosey bots.

Name: Mr. Mister Address: 1 Main St Zip: 90210 Phone (area code) + 555-1212 Email: no@f_n_way.com

Reply to
Al Bundy

Scam. Like I want my phone number in their database to keep track of everything I buy. Or for DHS to get hold of someday cause I bought one too many boxes of deck screws.

Lots of places already record ID info if they give a refund w/o a receipt, to fight theives who return stolen goods, so no need to collect phone no at checkout.

Reply to
nobody

Phone: 867-5309 Zip code: 90210

Reply to
jackson

"is that you Jenny"? lol

Reply to
kitchens etc.

that's nothing when I went to HD one day my sale came to $19.70 I gave her a $20 then there was a power failure and the "young girl" says to me. I can't give you your change until the power goes back on because the register did not compute how much change was due to you.

where do they find there help on the street corners? oh no ............wait................... even those girls can give you exact change.

Reply to
kitchens etc.
867-5309 is the number I always give.
Reply to