Living in the Dark

I just spent $68,000 to have my house rewired. I only got the best of everything. The electrician was great and did fine work. There is only one problem, the electrician never put lightbulbs in any of the light fixtures, so I am stuck living in the dark because I cant afford the lightbulbs.

What can I do?

Reply to
robwilliams

Light your farts for heat, light and cheap entertainment.

Randy

RSMEINER

You ought to be ashamed !!!! Does your mother know you talk like that? Now go to your room. And on Sunday you better go to confession.

Reply to
robwilliams

turn on every light switch and leave them all on buy one portable screw in fluorescent bulb move it from room to room when needed. you'll save about Fifty bucks everytime that bulb burns out, says so right on the package - So leave it on always!

Reply to
bumtracks

Check the street trash bags and local trash dumps for discarded table and floor lamps that might still contain working or even burned out bulbs. Look especially for the 3-way types where only one of the two filaments is burned out. Repairing them is a pain though. You have to grind up the pieces, remelt the glass and metal and, form the parts and then pull the air out of the bulb. The tools for doing this are very expensive. You can sometimes repair the screw-in compact fluorescent lamps, but you need two of the same kind for replacement parts.

Regular light bulbs can sometimes be tricked into working by screwing them into a socket, turning on the power and gently tapping the lamp while holding it in various positions. The broken filament pieces may weld themselves together temporarily. If you handle them carefully, you might get 20-30 minutes more out of the bulb.

TKM

Reply to
TKM

Go to Motel 6, they leave the lights on for ya....then take them when you check out.....

Reply to
Rick Shaw

The best advice i can give you is: 1: Locate the cord coming out the back of your computer. 2: Follow it till you find out where its plugged in. 3: Remove it from the wall socket. 4: Sever the cord at a point slightly back from the 3 pronged device you removed from the wall socket.

Follow this advice WIHOUT DELAY! Eric

Reply to
Eric

I tried that onece but the cords weren't long enough.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

IMPORTANT!! To sever the cord, use a sharp knife and pull it towards you with all your might.

Reply to
Mark and Kim Smith