Little Balls on washer lid

Hi,

Doing and telling someone in text for are two different things!

Put a little vasoline on the balls so they stay in the dimples on the washer top panal. I am right handed so I push the lid against the left side ball to hold it in place first and then line up the right side of the lid with the right side ball and sharply hit the lid with my hand to push the lid over and onto the right side ball and into place. Hope this helps,

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

I have a Maytag top load wash machine. The lid is held on by 2 little plastic balls. For those of you offended by the word "balls", small beads. Anyhow, when we moved the machine the lid got stuck in a doorway and it fell off. At the time I never noticed the 2 balls were missing that serve as a hinge for the lid. (Dontcha hate it when your balls are missing?). Anyhow, I get the washer to the new house and find they are gone, so the lid comes right off.. I went to a local appliance store and the guy said he could order them, but told me to go outside and look in the junk pile of old machines. I found a Maytag, and using a screwdriver I was able to pry out the balls. I chipped the porcelin when I pried on it, but didn't care on the junker. So now I got my two balls. How the heck do I get them back in with the lid so it hinges again?

Anyone ever done this?

Thanks

Mark

Reply to
maradcliff

Never in a million years thought the answer to this one would be to put vasoline on your balls.

LOL

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Reply to
MrC1

I knew that one couldn't be left alone. :-)

Stretch

Reply to
Stretch

When replacing an agitiator, don't forget to grease the shaft.

Reply to
~^Johnny^~

Thanks for the advice, I will give it a try. As for the other replies on this thread, I am still laughing, while I put some vaseline on my balls !!! :)

Reply to
maradcliff

Yeah, but he should not let his young son play on the washer

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski