linoleum in basement

Hi all,

I recently had a sewage backup in my basement (concrete), ruining the carpet and walls in one of the finished "workshop" rooms. Now, it is time to replace everything.

I was thinking of linoleum as the floor, but I am not exactly sure how to do it. I have installed linoleum in my kitchen and bathroom with great success, but that was wood, not a concrete that could bring moisture to the picture.

Should I fasten directly, or should I build a subfloor? Does it simply make more sense to install outdoor carpet? The purpose of the room is a workshop type area, but not too much saw dust... mostly model RC airplanes and drawing.

Thanks! Brian

Reply to
BrianGenisio

For the record, I picked up some indoor/outdoor approved carpet for the area... 44 cents per square foot. I will put it down with some tape, so if I have any other problems, I can roll it up, instead of rip it up :)

Reply to
BrianGenisio