Lighting for dark stairs all over creepy house (gotta be a solution)

Any lighting ideas to illuminate sunken room's stairs not near an outlet?

I visited a friend at her creepy house and almost broke my neck on the miriad of onesey-twoseys stairs in the multi-level house.

Many rooms have two or three small steps, which, in the dark, get you by surprise. Her birthday is in the middle of January (15th).

Is there battery-operated stair-lighting that can be given as a birthday gift or some other glow-in-the-dark idea so nobody breaks their neck at night?

Reply to
Pat Lyndon

buffalo ny: see the lav nav for the bathroom and other places, although it may seem pricey i have found our three units to be dependable in 2 bathrooms and a bedroom entrance for over five years. here at home christmas led strings of lights provide inexpensive long life safety lighting in each room. you will see the energy used by as many as 100 bulb strings compare favorably to 4-watt 110v incandescent nightlight power. white, assorted colors, and solid colors. they are readily and cover quite a length of stairway. inexpensive motion sensor lighting tends to be annoying and expensive. explore a change to illuminated wall switches. the low priced battery stuff will often be a recurring replacement and maybe too dim. you could go more expensively with led ropelight for each tread. alternatively, wall dimmer switches to match the lighting each one supplies. if you are considering this lighting for emergency power failure use, research the 12-volt varieties and appropriate adapters for plugging into your cigar lighter in the nearby car.

Reply to
buffalobill

Battery powered motion lights, might fit the bill. Mounted at baseboard height.

three or four AA cells, and lasts a while. Motion activated, one LED.

Also good in the bathroom, for late night potty runs.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon