Leveling a washing machine and keeping it level

I am having difficulty keeping a washing machine level in my basement. By necessity it needs to be on an uneven surface. I am using a board on one side and rubber furniture floor pad on a couple of other sides. I am able to have the machine level both in front and back and on the sides.

However after a few loads(especially an unbalanced load), the machine comes off the board and/or the pads.

The washing machine is used by my renter(my place is a duplex) so whatever solution I come up with needs to be "renter proof".

Thanks in advance for your assistance,

Bob

Reply to
Bob

Is the floor so unlevel that the built in leveling legs of the washer cannot make up for it. They should be able to compensate for approximately inch out of true in any direction.

If the floor is that out of whack then you should just pull the washer aside. Build a form out of some 2x4s in the washer (and dryer maybe) area and level with either normal bagged concrete mix or a self leveling concrete mix. Shouldn't cost more than $10 and a few hours if you can DIY. Not much more prep of the old floor is needed beyond a thorough cleaning (can't have any soap, loose material). A wire brush, pressure washer or even a brick can be used to sand the area clean.

Reply to
pipedown

Most washing machines have lock nuts (jam nuts) on the leveling screws. If yours lacks these necessities, they can be easily added. Sometimes an owner in a hurry will forget to tighten locking nuts down. Check yours and good luck.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Secure the board to the machine with perforated strap, and zip screws.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon