LED flashlight (no battery)

Didn't buy them at sharper image, just happened to be the first page that came up on the search engine. So take your rant elsewhere. Storming said such things didn't exist, I merely took umbrage with his statement.

When I need it, I shake it a bit and use it. If I need a light for six hours, I'll use the "shaker" to find the generator controls, or the lanterns. Guess I got tired of replacing whole flashlights corroded with leaking batteries - car interiors are not conducive to long term battery storage. YM(OS)MV - Your Mileage (or sanity) May Vary.

Reply to
Grandpa Koca
[...]

I turn the batteries in my car flashlights annually. Take 'em in the house and put 'em in something that takes Ds, then put new ones in the flashlights.

The shaker's not a bad idea, but I'd personally rather just have a good flashlight at hand. A 4-cell Mag Lite fits perfectly in the door pocket of my truck.

Reply to
Bo Williams

Grandpa Koca wrote in news:m_0Td.48452$wc.17424@trnddc07:

Get a Surefire flashlight that runs on 3v lithium cells;they will last for up to 10 years unused.They are high brightness,too.

CSI and other police shows use them,they make a number of different models.

Jim Yanik

Well... CSI's computers make card reader noises whenever they "think", beep like something out of a buck rogers movie, and can never display text faster 50 baud. That show goes out of it's way to be as scientifically inaccurate as possible. I love the bit about getting dna results within the minute, almost as good as the frequency that the crime lab workers get into gun fights.

I'll check that out. Thanks for the link.

Reply to
TCS

David, I have a petzl headlamp - has a two or three bulb LED as well as a conventional beam which is adjustable. The LED beam has a very wide field which works OK for on the trail but really handy for doing stuff - you know, packing and unpacking backpack, fiddling with gear, etc. etc. I've found that the conventional, adjustable beam is best for walking or running on a trail, especially if you're moving quickly, but the LED is OK also.

Reply to
Camilo

Saw them at my Costco (New Rochelle, NY), but seemed to me to not have narrowable/spreadable adjustment.

(Was in that horrible plastic thing it (and seemingly everything else these days) comes in, though, so it might actually have that. But wasn't advertised (on package) as being adjustable.)

David

Reply to
David Combs

That wonderful Costco -- I got a headlamp (straps around head, lamp itself on forehead, a la coal-miner), forget the brand name, but has *five* led-bulbs (click: 1; click; 3; click 5 on) plus, in middle, one incandescent bult (click -- it comes on -- forget whether also turns off the led bulbs for that one).

But no narrowing/widening.

Wonderful for reading while dwaiting for movie to start, especially at festival where you have to get there EARLY to get a seat.

David

Reply to
David Combs

Reply to