LED Dimmers

Have any of you experienced a difference in performance or quality between Lutron and Leviton?

Reply to
croy

I can only say that I have several Leviton dimmers running a variety of brands of LED lights and they work well with all of them. I've never tried Lutron.

Reply to
Alex

About five year ago, I had to replace a Lutron variable switch controlling a half-dozen kitchen LED ceiling cans in a new installation because it made them flicker rapidly for several seconds before coming full-on. Sometimes I had to flick the switch off than back on to end the flickering. I replaced it with a plain on/off switch and all is fine.

Current Lutron variable switch installation controlling a six-bulb LED bathroom fixture has a slight delay and occasional quick flash before coming on if less than full brightness is set on the switch. It's in my wife's bathroom and she doesn't mind it- but I'm going to pull it anyway because it may be a fire hazard.

See if you can guess what brand I ain't gonna' buy to replace it ;-)

Reply to
Wade Gattett

Lutron has a variety of dimmers specifically for different applications. Basically, it amounts to how they turns on, whether it cuts off the leading edge of the AC waveform or the trailing edge. So it also depends on whether you got one that's supposed to be for LED or not. Some LEDs may not care, others may.

Reply to
trader_4

Is this a real issue?

Reply to