Leaf Guard, is this a WASP home??

I have a Beyer Leaf Guard. I’ve had it for about three years. This year there are multiple wasp nest in the leaf guard. This is also the first year that the attractant in my wasp traps has not worked.

My only success in getting wasps this year is directly spraying them. This is difficult to do as my home is built on a slope and I do not have easy access to the gutters.

Reply to
sugerbear

leaf guard is the perfect home for wasp, hornets, and yellow jackets, and believe me they are there and they aren't going away. Leaf Guard doesn't address that when they sell you their product

Reply to
stevegraves1388

I have had these for now the 2nd year. There are far fewer wasps and hornets around than in previous years. I don't know that the guards and the critter count necessarily correspond.

-dan z-

Reply to
slate_leeper

After seeing this and thinking about it, it does appear to be a natural home for yellow jackets like I have been troubled with. They build nests in all kinds of openings in ground and house. I don't have these type gutter guards and now I'm glad that I don't.

Reply to
Frank