Lawn Mower Repair

I broke the starting rope on our sears lawn mower. Is this hard to replace yourself or should I pay to have it done? In other words, is it a difficult job??

Thanks in advance

Reply to
Maria Brown

Easy? Depends on what tools you have and how handy you are and the starter type:

HRL

Sounds like you knocked loose one of the connection points for the deck.

Lower it all the way and lay beside the machine and move the height control up & down. You should then see the connection points. If you are lucky you can just re-attach a cable or re-route onto a pulley.

----------------------------------------------------------- Get free backup service using Drop Box Access your files from your smartphone or tablet Bonus space provided using this link:

Limp Arbor