Laminating Graph-paper Between Acrylic (?)

I have a small project that requires laminating custom graph paper between two sheets of acrylic (plexiglass) in such a way that the graph paper will be easily legible.

Any experienced laminators out there?

Reply to
tbl

I would not call that laminating. Maybe I just don't understand your question.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

I service laminators for a living:) What can I do for you? Are you trying to make the graph paper readable on both sides?

you better off laminating it with clear plastic film, cheaper, easier, and besides if this item will get abused, plexiglass scratches easy:(

Reply to
hallerb

I service laminators for a living:) What can I do for you? Are you trying to make the graph paper readable on both sides?

you better off laminating it with clear plastic film, cheaper, easier, and besides if this item will get abused, plexiglass scratches easy:(

Reply to
hallerb

Depending what, exactly, you're doing, you can probably just use spray-adhesive to hold the paper to one pane, and then a hot nail to weld the two panes of plastic together. 3M makes a whole battery of spray adhesives, and most of the ones I've seen are close enough to clear.

If you're just after the lines, then you can engrave the lines in the plastic itself with a straight-edge and the aforementioned nail, and then optionally fill with crayon and glue the two sheets together.

This works well for wargaming, because you can move the grid to different underlying maps, but it's a PITA to do for hexes.

Reply to
Goedjn

Ok, how about "sandwiching"?

Also, I forgot to mention that this assembly will be used in very wet conditions.

Thanks for the reply.

-- Thanks,tbl

Reply to
tbl

No, one side only.

I should have mentioned two more requirements: it has to be rigid, and it will be used in very wet conditions--sometimes even under water.

-- Thanks,tbl

Reply to
tbl

I forgot to mention that this assembly has to be rigid, and will be used daily in very wet conditions.

-- Thanks,tbl

Reply to
tbl

Why not just paint the grid lines onto the plexi?

Reply to
Norminn

tbl wrote: ..

How about one sheet of Plexiglas with a sheet of laminating plastic (adhesive on one side) over the graph paper and extending beyond the edge of the paper.

Other than than I would suggest two sheets of Plexiglas (slightly oversized) and a stop at the pet shop for the stuff they put aquariums together with to seal the edges of the Plexiglas together.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Very wet, or total immersion? If it has to withstand total immersion, then I definately think you should look at engraving the graph on the backside of the plastic, and give up on the paper.

Reply to
Goedjn

Does it have to be laminated between plexiglass? Have you consider using a clear casting resin to encase the graph paper? if you are not familiar with these do a Google search.

Gary Dyrkacz snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net Radio Control Aircraft/Paintball Physics/Paintball for 40+

Gary Dyrkacz